Dental professionals are mandated to apply and integrate proper infection control protocols for the safety of the patient and themselves, Reducing microbial transmission and/or contamination is paramount and strict compliance must be adhered to that is practical, repeatable and understood by all office personnel. The importance of developing, updating and training staff appropriately will be reviewed along with the designation of appropriate personnel to manage this area of responsibility. This course will discuss various agencies responsible for setting guidelines and recommendations. Importance of safety checks to ensure proper disinfection and sterilization is occurring and proper documentation will be discussed as well. While infection prevention may often seem like a daunting aspect of daily dental routines, it is possibly the most critical aspect to ensure the safety and health of persons in contact with transmissible microorganisms within the office setting.
- Discuss the importance of preventing potential cross-contamination and transmission of infectious agents
- Review standards and recommendations from various governing agencies that ensure dental care delivery is safe for patients and dental healthcare workers
- Examine the infection prevention protocol needed to perform infection control procedures routinely and with calibration of all staff.
- Review the elements of a compliance protocol within and office and the duties of each office member.
- Incorporate communication to patients of office compliance and patient safety priority