The Future is Here
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the capability to improve the accuracy and efficiency of periodontal disease classification and diagnosis, which is vital to achieving the best outcomes for patient care.
Currently, there has not been a significant improvement in the methodology for detecting bone loss and assessing the severity of attachment apparatus loss despite the recent updates in the periodontal classification system.
This course introduces the clinician to artificial intelligence and its application to periodontal disease assessment. It provides an overview of AI concepts and terminology and explains how AI systems provide more efficient, reliable data configurations for appropriate therapy recommendations. Attendees will have an opportunity to visualize examples of AI applications depicting clinical attachment loss and compare the exam findings to non-AI periodontal charting.
- Attain an understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its use in dentistry.
- Compare and contrast artificial neural networks (ANNs) and convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and their roles in periodontal disease assessment.
- Identify the value of incorporating AI into the staging and grading process as it relates to clinical efficiency and calibration.
- Recognize the impact AI has on patient communication, ethical detachment and treatment acceptance.
- Discover the value of AI as it relates to documentation accuracy and speed of dental insurance processing.